We are hoping to have the students wear similar outfits for our holiday concert. We would like them to wear:
* black pants
* a white shirt
* a colourful scarf
* if it is possible to find, a ‘frosty the snowman’ like hat 🙂
Hopefully, with advanced notice, you will be able to find these things.
Thank you 🙂
December is just around the corner and there will be many important dates. Here is what we know so far…
* December 8th – Ancaster Meadow Holiday Bazaar
* December 14th – Visit from Crock-a-doodle
* December 15th – Kindergarten Holiday Concert (9:15am – concert with treats to follow)
* December 21st – School Holiday Concert (we will go but not perform)
* December 23rd – Last Day of School PJ and Movie Day
Wow! What a busy and fun month we will have!
It is time to think about sending warm outdoor clothes for your children. This includes:
– warm winter coat
– winter boots
– 2 pairs of mits
***velcro indoor shoes to be kept at school)
We spend an hour outside each morning and about 45 min in the afternoon. On Friday we had some very sad and cold kids. We brought the cold ones inside early on Friday but that means they missed their outside time. For those that had winter clothes, we were very impressed with their independence in getting ready!
November VIP – in case you did not get a note
Our September VIP was a great success! Thank you for taking the time to do this work with your child.
*** A special note about participation. VIP tasks are always voluntary, however the students often get quite upset if they don’t have anything to share on their day. Please take a few minutes to complete the task with your child. ***
This month we will be focussing on sorting. Sorting happens every day in our classroom (usually when we are cleaning up the loose parts that are all over the carpet). We have explained sorting as grouping objects with a similar attribute (or putting objects that are the same into groups). Different sorting rules could include sorting by colour, shape, size and texture.
This month we are asking you to send in a collection of items (on your child’s VIP day). Before sending the collection in, please talk about a sorting rule for the collection. At school, we will talking about the items, count them and sort them as class (they will be returned at the end of the day). When deciding on how many items should be in the collection, please think of your child abilities (your child should be able to count the items independently). The collection should be somewhere between 10 -100 items.
If you have any questions please let us know
Wednesday November 1st – Nathan
Thursday November 2nd – Quincy
Monday November 6th – Wesam/Rory
Tuesday November 7th – Anas
Wednesday November 8th – Indira
Thursday November 9th – Norah
Friday November 10th – Jameson/Yousuf
Monday November 13th – Charlie
Tuesday November 14th – Liam
Wednesday November 15th – Drew
Thursday November 16th – Charlotte
Friday November 17th – Audrey
Monday November 20th – Abdulwahab/Maksim
Tuesday November 21th – Adriana
Wednesday November 22th – Harrison
Thursday November 23th – Jack
Friday November 24th – Hala N./Hala A.
Monday November 27th – Evren
Tuesday November 28th – Vanny
Wednesday November 29th – Raseel/Sammy
Thursday November 30th – Faisal
* Just a reminder please send your child dressed in their costume tomorrow. We would be very grateful if you could come back and help undress your child (and take home their costume). That way we know no pieces are missing
* Please drop your child off and meet out back for the parade
* I have not mentioned treats, however if you wish to send in treats make sure they are NUT FREE
* Please make sure any candy you send in lunches after Halloween are NUT FREE. If nuts are sent in, I will throw them away as we have NUT ALLERGY in the class…..Thank you
On a side note…. the weather has turned cold 🙁 PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING. We already have 3 unlabelled single mittens (and no one is claiming them). Also, please make sure you send coats, sweaters are not warm enough.